Text Size
Monday, July 23, 2018

DTC Minutes of Ground Committee Meeting -June 21st 2018

Jul 05 2018

Minutes of the Grounds Committee meetingheld on Thursday 21st June 2018 at 4.15pm, in the Town Council Office, Dulverton.

Present:Cllrs: Mrs Christine Dubery, Mr Keith Coulman; Mr Ian Fleming; Mrs Judy Ernest and Mr Gerry Lewis.

Apologies: None

Declarations of Interests:

Cllrs. Mr Ian Fleming and Mrs Christine Dubery with regard the Sports Field.

Matters Arising:

All Saints Church:

  1. Reinstatement of Lower Terrace:
  2. Play Equipment Inspection:
  3. Identification of Grave Plots requiring attention.

To commence within the next two weeks.

Members were informed that the church fete is to be held in the Church Yard on the 14th July. The Organising Committee is to be informed that the lower terrace cannot be used.

The shed is to be used to store the lawn mower.

Members are satisfied that the Church Yard is now being maintained to a reasonable standard.

Cllr. Coulman agreed to take photos of equipment which require cleaning for the use of the Clerk to obtain a quote.

Clerk to contact Greenslade concerning minor repairs.

Clerk to purchase U bolts etc.

Barnsclose:

The grass has not been cut under and around the equipment, especially under the cableway. Members considered that the site was generally somewhat untidy.

Cemetery:

Provided by Cllr. Ernest in May/June 2017. Cllr Ernest maintains that considerable maintenance work is required including the levelling of up to 52 graves.

Quotes to remove mounds and infill those that have sunk and disposing of excess soil are to be sought.

 

Clerk to review Rules & Regulations. Members intend to consider an increase in fees to cover the cost of future maintenance requirements, at a future meeting.

 

Members agreed that the cemetery required a dedicated groundsman to maintain it to a consistently high standard, to be done within the current year’s budget. Members to consider persons available at the next meeting.

  1. Transfer of Grave Plot:

Members considered a letter received from Mrs Rosemary Spooner and consequently reiterated that the right to transfer exclusive rights of burial was not transferable. If Mrs Spooner wishes to relinquish her rights concerning Grave Plot number 686 members are willing to consider a refund on production of the certificate issued at the time of purchase.

 

Urgent maintenance issues with regards all other grounds with permission of the Chairman:

 

It was agreed that the remaining agenda items are to be considered at a following meeting scheduled to be held next week.

Date of future meetings: Thursday 28th June 2018

Meeting Closed: 6.00pm

Chairman………………………………