Text Size
Sunday, August 20, 2017

DTC Minutes of Town Management Meeting - 27th July 2017

Aug 03 2017

Minutes of the Town Management Committee meeting held on Thursday 27th July 2017 commencing at 2.45pm in the Council Office, Lady Street, Dulverton

Present: Councillors Ian Fleming (Chairman), Mrs Christine Dubery, Mr Nick Thwaites, Mrs Margaret Rawle, and Mr Gerry Lewis.

Apologies: The Clerk Mrs Mandy Rose and Cllr Piers Wood.

Deferment of business for comments by the public: None

Declarations of Interests:

Cllr. Nick Thwaites with regards his position as District Councillor

Matters Arising:

 

Defibrillator – There has been a good response towards the CPR training. Sessions will be held in the Town Hall on Thursday 10th August at 10.30 am and 2.30 pm and on Tuesday 15th August at 7.30pm and Thursday 17th August at 7.30pm. A Video will be shown at each session on how to administer CPR and the defibrillator will be on display. The Clerk to send flyers to the public who had responded informing them of the dates and also arrange for Posters to be placed around the town.

Rat Infestation – A list of places as per email of 18th July 2017 from Mr Hutton to Members was noted. Cllr Fleming to speak to the Food Outlet Businesses asking them to be vigilent and be made aware of the problem black Spots. Ivan Gunn to be asked to mention in The Voice not to put bin bags out until the morning of their Collection Day. Members were asked to report wasps nests to Mr Hutton. Ref Fly Tipping in the Town –Rosemary Lane has been addressed. The Clerk to be asked to send a note to all properties around and behind the Rock Inn Black Spot not to leave black waste bags out other than on collection days. A Notice will be placed at Guildhall Terrace and any other places where Fly Tipping occurs.

It was noted that a Visitor who grew up in the Town had recently commented on how Tidy Dulverton was kept.

Weed Killing: It was agreed that a specification with Map of the Areas requiring spraying in the Town be produced with the intention of advertising for quotes for spraying for the next season.

Exmoor Lawns: We are still awaiting a WSC decision. Cllr Thwaites to investigate.

Dog Bins: 2 new ones have been installed and the locations to be verified with WSC.

Dulverton Maps: The frames of both Town Maps require renewing and Brian Harrison has offered to make them when his plastered wrist allows.

Correspondence: None

Matters to report with permission of the Chairman:

Caravan Site Signage at the Bridge – The Caravan Site are allowed (ENP) to erect a Caravan Club Sign on the Exmoor House Signpost at Dulverton Bridge.

Damaged Posts Outside the Public Toilets: Due to a large lorry reversing into the already damaged posts on the pavement adjacent the public Toilets, there is now only one post. Cllr Fleming to remind Som C Cllr Frances Nicholson to pursue the re-instatemnt of these posts as promised at the July Full Council Meeting.

Car Parks: No further news to report.

Trees on the Weir: Cllr Thwaites provided an update stating that the Weir and Leat Trust are being given permission shortly to remove any trees which are causing concern on the Weir. Philip Hull is the contact for the Weir and Leat Trust.

The meeting closed at 3.45pm.