- Home Welcome
Town Council all about
- TOWN COUNCIL MEETINGS & MINUTES
- Statement of Accounts & Audit 2016
- Code of Conduct - Nolan principles
- Contact Details
- Openness and Transparency
Other Items of interest
Items of Interest A-D
- Internal audits for 2013/2014 and 2014/2015
- Community Rights - Localism
- Community Budgets - What are they?
- USEFUL CONTACT NUMBERS – (County and District Services)
- DOG FOULING
- DTC - The events of 2014
- Local Bus Timetables
- Dulverton All Saints First School Summer Fete July 2015
- Dulverton/Exmoor - Community Bus
- Dulverton Street Map and Shops - Sept 2015
- Dulverton Schools Federation, back ground and status – July 2015
- Dulverton Voice - Free Monthly Paper
- Dulverton - specific interest groups
- Dulverton Traffic!
- Items of Interest E-H
- Items of Interest I-L
- Items of Interest M-P
- Items of Interest P-T
- Street Lighting Project
- Items of Interest U-Z
- Community Budgeting - August 1st 2015
- Items of Interest A-D
- DTC Standing Orders
- Disclosure of Interests
- The Good Councillor's Guide
- Dulverton 2010 - Parish Plan
- Gallery Images and Photos
Places of Interest PARKING and things to do
- Dulverton 3 Churches
- Dulverton based - local places to visit
- Dulverton Doctor
- Dulverton Heritage Centre
- Dulverton Local Police
- Dulverton Library
- Exmoor National Park - Visitor Centre
- Exmoor 4 All
- PARKING in Dulverton
- Somewhere to Stay
- The Guildhall Heritage & Arts Centre
- Tarr Steps
- The Exmoor Pony Centre
- What's on Exmoor
Local Activities and amenities
- Dulverton Angling Association
- Dulverton Carnival & Craft Fair
- Dulverton by Starlight
- Dulverton Cricket Club
- Dulverton Films
- Dulverton Gardening Club
- Dulverton Players - Theatre Company
- Dulverton Public Convenience
- Dulverton Sports Field
- Dulverton Snooker Club
- Dulverton Squash Club
- Dulverton Tennis Club
- Dulverton Town Football Club
- Dulverton Town Hall
- Dulverton Youth Club
- Exmoor Young Voices
Local Businesses In Dulverton Parish
- Local Businesses - A to C
Local Businesses - D to L
- Doone House Store
- Dulverton Hardware Store
- Dulverton Laundry Ltd
- Dulverton Pharmacy
- Dulverton Veterinary Practice
- Estate Agents
- Farthing Farm Shop
- Friendship and sons are independent Funeral Directors
- Fresh Fish Merchant
- Heidi Hardy Hypnotherapist
- High Society - Hairdressers
- Holland House
- Hows the Hair - Hairdresser
- ISiS Wellbeing and Skin Care
- Lance Nicholson Fishing & Guns
- Lloyd Maunder - Butcher
- Louise – Bric-à-brac
- Local Businesses - M to R
Local Businesses - S to T
- Springfield Farm - Bed & Breakfast
- Stags - Estate Agent
- Stanbury & Son
- Tantivy-Traditional shop, Caffe and Deli
- The Copper Kettle - Tea Shoppe
- The Bridge Inn
- The Dulverton Delicatessen
- The Exclusive Cake Company
- The Farthing Farm Shop
- The Lion Hotel,
- Tongdam Thai Restaurant and B&B
- Town Mills Bed & Breakfast
- Local Businesses - U to Z
- Not listed here? Changes required ?
- DTC Press Releases, letters to/from & Updates
- All Saints Church Wall - repair? the situation
Minutes of the Grounds Committee meetingheld on Tuesday 21st March 2017 at 2.00pm, in the Town Council Office, Dulverton.
Present:Chairman:Mrs Christine Dubery, Cllrs: Mrs Judy Ernest, Mr Ian Fleming and Mr Malcolm Neale who left at 3.15pm. Also present were three representatives from Paul Clark & Son.
Apologies: Mrs Louise Parrish
Deferment of business for comment by the public.None
Declarations of Interest:
Cllrs. Mrs Chris Dubery and Mr Ian Fleming with regards the Sports Field Management Committee.
Abbots Way Pond: Update & advice from Paul Clark & Son.
Members were advised that a ‘monk’ should be installed which will enable the control and removal of silt into the outlet pipe. It can be built out of concrete or brick. It would keep the water clearer, improve the quality and be an easier way to maintain the condition of the pond. It would need to be installed during the summer months. The existing silt traps would still need to be checked and possibly cleaned every six months. Members agreed that Paul Clark & Son carry out the checks on the silt traps; the next check to be carried out during Oct/Nov 2017. Members requested an estimate concerning the costs regarding the installation of a ‘monk’ as well as future maintenance costs.
Members agreed in principle that the pond should be regularly maintained to a reasonable standard to ensure that an unmanageable build- up of silt doesn’t re-occur. Further investigations are to be made concerning the use of the silt, once removed.
Annual servicing of self - propelled lawn mowers and strimmers:
Two quotes have been obtained. Members noted that there was little difference in the prices quoted. A further quote is to be obtained.
RESOLVED: To authorise the Clerk to award the tender upon receipt of a third quote, providing the total cost amount to no more than £500. Proposed by Mr Fleming, seconded by Mrs Ernest and carried.
Kier Environmental Services – Vegetation waste disposal:
Members were informed that the charges per lift were to increase as from 1st April 2017 from £6.35 to £7.80. The bin rental at 12p per day will remain the same.
RESOLVED: To retain the services of Kier, accepting the increased charges. Proposed by Mrs Dubery, seconded by Mrs Ernest and carried.
Exmoor Lawns: Removal of fencing:
Mr Rawle has kindly agreed to help Mr Takel remove the fencing.
Urgent maintenance issues with regards all other grounds with permission of
Parish Lengthsman: It was agreed that Mr Bryant is given the opportunity to train to use the grounds equipment to ensure that he is able to cover for Mr Takel should the need arise.
Clerk was asked to remind members to identify and provide Cllr. Fleming with details of work required in the Parish suitable to be carried out by the Parish Lengthsman.
Cemetery Gates: A further estimate is required with regards the refurbishment of the cemetery shed and gates. Cllr. Fleming agreed to produce a specification. Members agreed that the work must be carried out this financial year.
Exmoor Lawns: A meeting has been requested by Rachel Mulcaire between representatives from DTC (Cllrs. Mr Ian Fleming & Mrs Chris Dubery) and WSC Officers to discuss other potential sites that the Town Council would consider maintaining alongside Exmoor Lawns. A mutually convenient date has not yet been agreed by W.S.C.
Date of future meetings: Tuesday 18th April 2017 at 2.00pm
Meeting Closed: 3.20pm