- Home Welcome
Town Council all about
- TOWN COUNCIL MEETINGS & MINUTES
- Statement of Accounts & Audit 2016
- Code of Conduct - Nolan principles
- Contact Details
- Openness and Transparency
Other Items of interest
Items of Interest A-D
- Internal audits for 2013/2014 and 2014/2015
- Community Rights - Localism
- Community Budgets - What are they?
- USEFUL CONTACT NUMBERS – (County and District Services)
- DOG FOULING
- DTC - The events of 2014
- Local Bus Timetables
- Dulverton All Saints First School Summer Fete July 2015
- Dulverton/Exmoor - Community Bus
- Dulverton Street Map and Shops - Sept 2015
- Dulverton Schools Federation, back ground and status – July 2015
- Dulverton Voice - Free Monthly Paper
- Dulverton - specific interest groups
- Dulverton Traffic!
- Items of Interest E-H
- Items of Interest I-L
- Items of Interest M-P
- Items of Interest P-T
- Street Lighting Project
- Items of Interest U-Z
- Community Budgeting - August 1st 2015
- Items of Interest A-D
- DTC Standing Orders
- Disclosure of Interests
- The Good Councillor's Guide
- Dulverton 2010 - Parish Plan
- Gallery Images and Photos
Places of Interest PARKING and things to do
- Dulverton 3 Churches
- Dulverton based - local places to visit
- Dulverton Doctor
- Dulverton Heritage Centre
- Dulverton Local Police
- Dulverton Library
- Exmoor National Park - Visitor Centre
- Exmoor 4 All
- PARKING in Dulverton
- Somewhere to Stay
- The Guildhall Heritage & Arts Centre
- Tarr Steps
- The Exmoor Pony Centre
- What's on Exmoor
Local Activities and amenities
- Dulverton Angling Association
- Dulverton Carnival & Craft Fair
- Dulverton by Starlight
- Dulverton Cricket Club
- Dulverton Films
- Dulverton Gardening Club
- Dulverton Players - Theatre Company
- Dulverton Public Convenience
- Dulverton Sports Field
- Dulverton Snooker Club
- Dulverton Squash Club
- Dulverton Tennis Club
- Dulverton Town Football Club
- Dulverton Town Hall
- Dulverton Youth Club
- Exmoor Young Voices
Local Businesses In Dulverton Parish
- Local Businesses - A to C
Local Businesses - D to L
- Doone House Store
- Dulverton Hardware Store
- Dulverton Laundry Ltd
- Dulverton Pharmacy
- Dulverton Veterinary Practice
- Estate Agents
- Farthing Farm Shop
- Friendship and sons are independent Funeral Directors
- Fresh Fish Merchant
- Heidi Hardy Hypnotherapist
- High Society - Hairdressers
- Holland House
- Hows the Hair - Hairdresser
- ISiS Wellbeing and Skin Care
- Lance Nicholson Fishing & Guns
- Lloyd Maunder - Butcher
- Louise – Bric-à-brac
- Local Businesses - M to R
Local Businesses - S to T
- Springfield Farm - Bed & Breakfast
- Stags - Estate Agent
- Stanbury & Son
- Tantivy-Traditional shop, Caffe and Deli
- The Copper Kettle - Tea Shoppe
- The Bridge Inn
- The Dulverton Delicatessen
- The Exclusive Cake Company
- The Farthing Farm Shop
- The Lion Hotel,
- Tongdam Thai Restaurant and B&B
- Town Mills Bed & Breakfast
- Local Businesses - U to Z
- Not listed here? Changes required ?
- DTC Press Releases, letters to/from & Updates
- All Saints Church Wall - repair? the situation
Minutes of the Town Management Committee meetingheld on 31st January 2017 commencing at 10.00am, in the Council Office, Lady Street, Dulverton.
Present: Chairman: Mr Ian Fleming, Councillors: Mrs Margaret Rawle, Mrs Louise Parrish, Mr Nick Thwaites and Mrs Christine Dubery.
Deferment of business for comment by the public:None
Chairman’s Comments: The Chairman informed members that he had requested that Cllr. Christine Dubery is seconded to this Committee to work specifically on the project regarding the acquisition of the Lion Stables Public Car Park.
Apologies: Cllrs: Mr Malcolm Neale and Mr Mike Willison.
Declarations of Interest:
Cllr. Nick Thwaites with regards his position as District Councillor.
Cllr. Rawle attended a meeting of Bampton T/C last night who agreed to support the proposal regarding further signage at the Round House, Exebridge and will write to Devon County Council accordingly. They suggested that Morebath P/C be contact requesting further support. Cllr Rawle agreed to pursue the issue.
War Memorial: Quotes concerning the necessary repairs have been pursued, but only two received to date. Cllr. Fleming to consider the details of both quotes prior to a decision being made by the Committee.
Exmoor Lawns:Transfer of Assets:
W.S.C. have been advised that if they wish further grounds maintenance to be considered in conjunction with the transfer of the asset a site visit will be necessary to clarify what is involved.
A formal acknowledgment of receipt of the Business Plan, submitted in December 2016 by DTC, has yet to be received from W.S.C.
Lion Stables Public Toilets:
Heads of Terms have been signed and returned. A grant from the Sustainability Fund has been awarded. A surveyor has been requested to carry out a survey at a nominal fee. An electrician has been to inspect the lighting etc. and an estimate is awaited. A second electrician will visit, carry out a technical inspection and provide an estimate in the near future. Further estimates are being sought regarding general maintenance requirements of the building.
Members discussed the arguments for and against charging for the facilities and subsequently:
RESOLVED: That an honesty box is installed for one year, as a trial, from the first of April 2017. Proposed by Mr Fleming, seconded by Mrs Rawle and carried
Members agreed that it should be publicized in April that DTC has taken over the responsibility of the public toilets on behalf of the Town
Cllr Dubery provided members with details of anticipated costs concerning daily cleaning maintenance and disposal of sanitary waste etc. Once all the information is obtained a comprehensive report will be circulated to members.
Matters to Report with permission of the Chairman:
Defibrillator: An application has been made for funding and decision awaited.
Car Park Permits: Members were informed that W.S.C. intend to increase the annual permits to £210.00 as from May 2017. Members strongly object to this huge increase and suggest that it is implemented in stages.
Members consider that the ‘shoppers’ permits and annual permits should be able to be used in all car parks.
Furthermore, members would like to see weekly tickets available on demand either by purchasing a ticket from the machine or by contacting W.S.C. directly.
Exmoor Park Visitors Centre: The Centre has been closed due to bereavement but is to re-open and further member of staff appointed.
Litter Bins: The Chairman stated that he considered that the two extra bins (situated in the Barle Bridge and in the Lion Car Park), are not be required and should be removed.
High Street Lights: A light has disappeared from the post between the pet shop and Acorn Antiques. Western Power is aware and S.C.C. will investigate.
Kemps Way: W.S.C. is considering the implementation of parking restrictions. Cllr. Rawle requested assurance that the coach dropping off area will be preserved.
Date of next meeting: To be advised.